Saturday, June 22, 2013

Rockingham and Freo Op Shops


Hi All,


Yesterday was a beautiful day for a winters day. My sister and I decided to go Op shopping. I was a little upset to find that my fave Op shop had closed for the day at 12pm, but there is always next time.

My bargains for the day consisted of a nice vase with fake flowers/leaf arrangement which was $15! (pretty good considering would have been about $80 from thingz living and it was in mint condition). Also bought a new work skirt, perfect condition for $4, pair of jeanswest jeans for $6, new navy flanno for $4 and a jeanswest grey jacket for $3! They all look brand new and are currently in the washing machine getting nice and clean and sparkling :).

Rockingham Beach Salvos - 6 Patterson Road, Rockingham Beach WA
Open: Mon-Fri 9.00-5.30 and Sat 9.00-5.00  Contact: 0592 7459


















So this is where the first bargain of the day was bought, by my sister - an awesome colorful bag (backpack) which was $7! Was awesome! I found it to be a little bit overpriced for somethings, I found that with most of the salvos stores, but they had some pretty cool stuff in here, especially jackets.

Our next stop was my favourite one, which was closed :(

Uniting Church Op Shop - 169 Parkin Street, Rockingham WA
Open: Mon-Fri 10.00-3.30pm and Sat 8.00-12.00pm Contact: 9527 4660 
















I really wish this Op shop was open because usually when I go in here they have awesome stuff and it is so cheap! I once found a mint skirt and an awesome bag from there. Wish it was open.

Good Sammy's - 12/8 Livingstone Road, Rockingham WA
Open: Mon-Fri 9.00-5.30pm and Sat 9.00-5.00pm Contact: 9592 5089





















This is where I found my bargain vase and flower/leaf arrangement from! They did not have a large variety of  dresses but there selection of jeans was pretty good. They didn't really have much in my size though, lots of size 12's if you are a size 12 this would be the place to have a look!

Vinnies Rockingham Centre -15/8 Livingstone Road, Rockingham WA
Open: Mon-Fri 9.00-4.00pm and Sat 9.00-1.00pm Contact: 9528 1071


















Unfortunately we went to Good Sammy's next door first and by the time we were done in there it was closing time for Vinnies :(. They looked like they had some pretty good stuff though! Until next time...

Salvos - 23 Saltaire Way, Port Kennedy WA
Open: Mon-Fri 9.00-5.30pm and Sat 9.00-5.00pm Contact: 9524 6987













This Op shop wasnt bad at all. It was a little bit overpriced (as I think most salvos are) but they had a great selection of clothes. I did not buy anything from here because nothing tickled my fancy but they definitely had a lot to offer!

Anglicare - 181 High Street, Fremantle WA
Open: Mon-Sat 9.00-5.00pm and Sun 12.00-5.00pm Contact: 6424 7655 

















Out of all the Op shops we went into for the day, I would have to say this would be one of my favourites. I bought a pair of jeans and I am pretty sure I bought something else, But i cannot remember now... But the jeans selection was awesome! I would highly recommend. Had some pretty cool bags as well and lots of vintage items which was great. Worth a look!

Vinnies Retro - 2/142 High Street, Fremantle WA
Open: Mon-Fri 9.00-4.30pm Sat 9.30-3.30pm and Sun 11.00-5.00pm Contact: 9335 6890

















This place had some pretty awesome stuff in there, but it was extremely expensive. I mean I did not pay much attention to the tags and where the clothes were originally from, but the cheapest item of clothing I could see was around $20, which is not really my idea of Op shopping. So, if you have a big budget for Op shopping, then sure this place is pretty cool, but if you are looking for a bargain, steer clear.

Good Sammy's - 142 High Street, Fremantle WA
Open: Mon-Fri 9.00-5.30pm Sat 9.00-5.00pm and Sun 12.00-4.00pm Contact: 9335 7921















I quite like this Good Sammy store, they had 50% off all recycled clothing, which was awesome! I got this sweet grey jeans west jacket that was in great condition for $3!!! There were alot of jeans, jackets, t-shirts, cardigans and all sorts and I probably could have bought alot more from there If i wanted to, but I didnt. Next time though :)

Salvos Fremantle - 3/5 Josephson Street, Fremantle WA 
Open: Mon-Fri 9.00-5.00pm and Sat 9.00-5.00pm Contact: 9336 2026













So this was pretty much our last stop for the day. I ended up buying a flanno and a nice work skirt from here which cost I think $11 in total. They were in great condition too! They had quite alot in this store, especially shoes, but I dont really like buying second hand shoes. Pretty good store overall. They even had a retro/vintage section which was pretty cool. 

Overall I had a great day. After op shopping, we ended up going to the freo markets and getting a freshly squeeze Orange Juice and I got a salted caramel macaroon, which was delicious! And then we headed home. 

Let me know if you know of anymore good Op shops !! hope you liked my blog! 

Shaz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment